Life with a 2-month old....


0 comments
I'm waiting for Ayden to wake up from his napping marathon - going on 3 hours now. Wish he slept this well at night!

Ayden is 10 weeks old as of yesterday! I can hardly believe it! He is growing so fast....my proof being that I had to box up his newborn and some of his 0-3 month clothes today. He's in 3 month clothes now (and he's not 3 months old yet!!) mostly because of his length. He is going to be pretty tall I think...like his daddy.

At his last check-up, he weighed in at 13lbs 5oz and 23.25 inches long. He is in the 75th percentile with his length and the 90th with his weight (whoaaaaa!). Big boy....

He is smiling more than ever and trying out new sounds every day. It's amazing how quickly they develop in the first few months....not to even mention the 1st year.

Sadly, our new-parent syndrome hasn't worn off. haha We're as paranoid as ever. I will say, though, we consult books a lot less than we used to. We're definitely learning Ayden's cues. We know his cries and subtle cues. He's an easy baby....very happy most of the time, and when he isn't, we know what's wrong...most of the time. He has become clingy lately...only wanting me. He'll cry if someone else (other than myself or Jeremy) is holding him....weird. I thought clinginess didn't kick in until much later. I guess he just feels comforted with me. He does spend most of his time with me....understandable.

We're leaving him next week for about 3 days (5 days total in the vacation, but we'll see him the day we leave and the day we get back...so I'm saying 3 days). Jeremy and I haven't been able to travel much at all really since our honeymooon. When I got my short-term disability check (should have been smart and saved it....but, oh well...), we decided we'd do something for ourselves since we haven't been able to. So, we will be going to Hollywood to Universal Studios, the Walk of Fame, do some touring of stars homes, go to Graumann's Chinese Theater so I can FINALLY see Judy Garland's footprints, and we're taking a day to go to the San Diego zoo. Should be fun...I hope. I hope I can be a good sport and enjoy myself without worrying too much. I just keep telling myself...it's 3 days...only 3 days. I know he'll be fine with our parents, but really....it's just not the same without mom and dad. :) He needs to spend time with his grandparents though...

Well, he's waking up...finally. Check my facebook for new pictures! He's such a cutie!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment