Ayden's Story


21 comments

Hello World,

My name is Ayden Brooks Jones. My mommy and daddy are Jeremy and Lindsay Jones. Did you know that mommy and daddy have been in love for almost 10 years? There is a lot of love between those two. I am so lucky to call them my parents! Mommy found out on August 28th 2008 that she was pregnant; a baby was on the way! Little did she know that it was me - her Ayden Brooks Jones she was so anxiously waiting to meet. Mommy said she didn't really prefer one over the other...a boy or a girl....but she said that deep down inside, she knew I was a boy, and she was so excited!


On Nov. 26th, mommy and daddy found out that I was indeed a little boy. They couldn't wait to tell everyone that Ayden was on his way! They loved my name from the beginning and were happy when they found out they would be using it as their son's name. Mommy and daddy told my grandparents soon after that. Everyone was so thrilled!


Mommy found out that I was a very scheduled baby. I would kick and wiggle early in the morning, right before lunch, mid-afternoon, and then late at night. She always knew when I was about to wake up and put on a show. For the most part, I was pretty laid back - a lot like daddy. Mommy found my tickle spot while I was in her tummy! She would rub my back and I would wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. After I was born, it still worked!


On mommy's birthday, I decided it was time for me to join the party. Everyone was here, why not! Mommy woke up the morning of her birthday at 3:30 feeling a lot of pressure. That was ME mommy!! I was ready to meet you! Mommy and daddy finally went to the hospital at 11:30 that night. I decided I wanted my own birthday, so I waited until the next day to get moving and make my way out into this world. At 3pm (almost 36 hours later) Mommy started to push. We are a good team because she and I were able to push together and I came out 30 minutes later at 3:36pm. I came out screaming! Mommy and daddy said I was so beautiful and healthy! They were so excited to be my parents and to finally meet me. I was happy to finally meet them too. I calmed right down as soon as mommy started talking to me. Of course, they had to weigh me and such. I didn't like being on that cold scale! I had just been inside mommy's tummy in a warm, comfy place! Seriously.... I weighed 7lbs and 14oz and I was 19 inches long. I had fooled them all. Mommy didn't gain a lot of weight and she didn't look very big, so they all thought I would be much smaller. They were happy, though, to learn how healthy and big I was.


After 3 nights in the hospital, I finally got to come home. We were already enjoying ourselves as a family. Mommy and daddy loved to snuggle me, talk to me, and give me as many kisses as they could. I loved to eat! I ate more than most babies my age. By the time I was three months old, I was eating 8oz per bottle! That meant I slept better too. I made it easy on mommy and daddy. From the start, I only had to wake them up once or twice at night. Sometimes, you just need a midnight snack. And who better to get it from than mommy! I loved our times in the middle of the night. She didn't think I could see her very well, but I did, and I would just smile and smile at my mommy. I thought she was the most beautiful mommy. Daddy said so, and what daddy says must be true. Mommy was lucky to have two men in her life who thought she was just awesome!


As I continued to grow, I began to become very alert and happy almost all the time! I loved to play, play, play - starting at 4 weeks old. Mommy would put me on my little mat and I would kick and wiggle. I hadn't quite gotten coordinated, yet, so my kicking seemed kind of random. But I'm a quick learner! Soon after that, I was kicking away whenever they laid me down! At 8 weeks, I loved to be read to and to look at bright colors! Most importantly, I liked to look at mommy and daddy's faces! They could always make me smile and even laugh! At 2 months old, I was trying to sit up when in someone's lap. I would get very frustrated because no one seemed to realize that this was what I was trying to do. They thought I was too little. Too little? I want to see everything you're seeing! Finally, they figured out what I wanted, and I was sitting up, with help, and looking all around the room. They couldn't believe how strong my neck was. I could hold my head up almost perfectly!


Some of my favorite times were: bath time, diaper time, playing on my mat and looking at the musical star, laughing at mommy and daddy, going to church, visiting family, going to daddy's softball games, and morning cuddle time with mommy and daddy. My favorite part of the day was when I would wake up in the morning. I was such a happy boy in the morning! It was time to play with mommy! The other best part of my day was when daddy came home from work. I would save my biggest smile for daddy! I was so happy to see him! That was when we got special Daddy and Ayden time. He's a great daddy. I kind of love him....a lot.


When I was a few days from being 4 months old, I rolled over for the first time, from my back to my tummy. I was so proud of myself! Daddy had to personally congratulate me because he was proud too! Mommy and daddy were so excited. I didn't get what the fuss was about - I knew I could do it. I had just learned to turn over onto my side, which was my favorite way to sleep. I didn't get to sleep that way much because mommy always kept me on my back, but she let me sleep my favorite way for nap time. I could hold my head up so well!! I could even look up at daddy while on my tummy...and he's tall! We had such a great summer together.


When mommy and daddy had to go back to work, I had to go to day care. I didn't like being away from them, but it wasn't for long during the day, so I saw them again soon. I enjoyed my time at day care, just taking it all in. I was the smallest, so I got the most attention. My favorite day was when I got to swing in the baby swing outside. That was really neat! Mommy couldn't believe how much of a big boy I was! I guess I was a big boy. I was bigger than most kids my age and I was doing a lot of things most babies my age hadn't done yet. I don't know why; I just did.


One day, mommy dropped me off before work. She gave me a big kiss and told me she'd see me later. I watched her walk out the door. I wish that hadn't been the last time I saw her....or she saw me. But I didn't know. I was sleepy, so I laid down to take a nap. While I was sleeping, Jesus asked me to follow Him to Heaven. It seemed like such a beautiful place to be, so I went with him. I didn't hurt or feel pain. I went peacefully and quickly. I am in Heaven now, rejoicing and enjoying everything it has to offer. Mommy and daddy miss me so much. I don't want them to be sad. They will see me again very soon! Until we meet again, I will still love them very much. They showed me what true love is. They made me feel so loved, protected, cared for, and cherished. They told me everyday how much of a blessing I was to them. They were the same for me. Please pray for my mommy and daddy, and help them to remember that I'm okay. I am where everyone else wishes and hopes to be someday. I hope I meet you all soon, but you'll have to get in line because mommy and daddy get to be with me first!


Thank you for loving me and for praying for me and my parents. Thank you for showing my parents just how special they are. Thank you for keeping up with me while I was here with you all and for always telling me how cute I am. I didn't know what cute meant, but it could always make me smile. I am smiling now, and laughing all the time. I am happy and blessed.



See you soon....

Love,


Ayden

21 comments:

  1. My heart is completely breaking for you. I am so, so sorry. I love the way you wrote this, from Ayden's perspective. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story. I love how you wrote this from Ayden. He is very proud of you! Love-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there goes a good mascara day.

    Beautiful story. I'm so sorry for you loss....

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you and your family. Ayden sure is a handsome little guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all. May God give you the stength to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most beautiful thing I have read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I have tears in my eyes for you. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby boy. His story is so beautiful and so heartwrenching all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray that peace carries you through this incredibly painful time.

    I have a feeling that Ayden is playing with many precious friends. My daughter Angel Hope went Home on June 9, 2002...so she may have already shown him her favorite treehouse.

    Much love to you.


    If you haven't found a support group, there's a good one called http://home.mend.org/.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious. Beautiful. Touching.

    Ayden is a blessed baby to have had you on earth and now Jesus in heaven... and you will be equally as blessed when you gain heaven and have him back in your arms again. Until then, keep leaning on your Comforter. That's what I'm doing too.

    Love,
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wrote this very well. Sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story about your son.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made me cry!! We'll all see him again someday though. He's up with Jesus now, and smiling on every one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are no words..only tears. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a beautiful story and brought tears to my eyes. I love how it is from Ayden's perspective. Its amazing how you can immediately love something so small. My thoughts and prayers are with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, tears fill my eyes as I sense the pain and joy you and your family have for Ayden. Such a joy you got to spend the first few months with him. He is in a beautiful place now and we will be praying for his mommy and daddy continuously for comfort through tough times and for joy during your memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in tears reading your story. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am inspired by your strength and courage. I am so happy to hear that you have welcomed another child to your family and she is doing well.
    At age 2 months old, my son suddenly stopped breathing. I am thankful this happened during day hours and we were able to perform CPR. He spent a week in the hospital with tons of testing. We were sent home with an Apnea Monitor. My little boy is now 4 1/2 months old and seems to be thriving quite well now. I too am terrified to ever have to take him off the Apnea Monitor.
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    Here is a link to my blog and to our experience.
    Page 4 towards the bottom is the start of what we experienced with our son:
    http://babykellogg.tumblr.com/page/4
    You and your family will always be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry for your loss. That was such a beautiful way to write the post. He was a beautiful baby. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just ran across your blog. What a beautifully written letter. He was so beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter at 38 weeks (born stillborn). She also weighed 7 lbs 14oz at birth so for some reason i felt compelled to write a note. Sending you thoughts and prayers for strength and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is not a day that will go by that I will forget your son or to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As I read your story I am reminded of my own and how similar they are. The more I search through the blogs the more I find so many have had such similar situations. I love the way you wrote it from Ayden, I imagined my Savanna writing something like this also. I couldn't hold back the tears as I remembered the day the Lord took my daughter back.. thank you for sharing your story. Thinking of you..

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful and heartbreaking story. I'm so glad to have met you and to have now found your blog. Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't tell you how sorry I am for your guys loss. There are just not enough words. This completely broke my heart but I love the way it was written out. My heart & prayers go out to you both!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  21. He was so handsome. I am struggling with my loss of my third daughter, Anneliese, last year to SIDS. My faith is the only thing getting me by

    ReplyDelete