I'm learning a lot about balancing my time and attention between 3 other people. I don't know how many unfinished conversations I've had, re-warmed meals, forgotten meals, long overdue bathroom trips, showers at 10pm, etc. Thank God for maternity leave and the ability to try to gain back some semblance of "normal."
To sum up everything that's been going on (and because I'm too tired to really elaborate - it's almost midnight, and I should be sleeping) the rest of this will be a run down of what has been going on with us Joneses.
- Collen is 2 and showing it. It is a big challenge for me, and I'm trying to figure out how to handle it.
- I'm tired. All the time.
- Football season is in full swing, so Jeremy doesn't get home most nights until after the kids are in bed. So meals, baths, diapers, clean up, bed time....all me. Hence the reason I am tired.
- Charlotte has slept through the night twice. (6-7 hour stretches)
- I probably just jinxed myself.
- My sister turned 28 yesterday, and it was our last of the "firsts" without my Dad. I shed my share of tears missing him yesterday. It just still doesn't seem real....still very, very hard.
- I go back to work in 4 weeks. :(
- Collen is talking A LOT and talking very well. He will repeat anything you say. Our favorite right now is, "Don't patronize me!" He talks all the time - literally, all day long!
- Charlotte turned one month old yesterday. Here are her stats:
9lbs 13 oz (up from 6lbs 12oz - lowest weight)
21.25 inches (up from 20)
head: 38cm (up from 35)
She is in the 75th percentile all around, so she is proportional. :)
Now that Charlotte is awake more, she is having fussy periods. Late afternoon...6ish...is usually her fussiest time. She will nurse, nurse, nurse...cry...nurse...cry...nurse. I've figured out that she wants to go to sleep, but I guess she gets frustrated with milk coming into mouth when she just wants to sleep. She has come to rely on a paci to get her to sleep in those moments. When she cries, it's either because she's hungry or she's tired. She is easy-going and content most of the time - just a good, good baby.
And because you didn't come here to read...I know you want to see some updated pictures. Here you go. Enjoy:
Wearing one of my outfits. This one is 29 years old and looked so precious on her!
We have a picture of Jeremy with each of the kids just like this!
Happy 28th birthday to my sister!
One month old!
I asked Collen to put his plate in the sink after breakfast. I found this
that night when we went to brush teeth. Silly boy!
I braved the playground with both kids. We survived and had a lot of fun.
Sweet, cute, funny boy!