NO sugar for Lindsay....


2 comments
My glucose test is on Wednesday - at 4:!5 in the afternoon. So, I have to go ALL day without any sugar. When I scheduled that appt. I thought to myself, "that won't be so bad", but now as it's getting closer...I'm not so sure. I'll be able to do it....but will I be nice about it? haha I'm interested to see what happens at this test. I've heard so many of my friends talk about when they went for it....kinda cool that I actually get to experience it.

I was reading that my weight gain at this point should/could be around 23 pounds. At 26 weeks...4 weeks from my 3rd trimester....I've only gained 7 pounds. I thought for sure, since I'm not a tiny girl, that I'd gain A LOT of weight. However, I guess when they say "you carry like your mother" they're somewhat right. I have only gained weight in the belly area (as my mom did) and I haven't gained much (like my mom also - gained 15 pounds with me). I think I'll surpass her total weight gain since she did deliver 6 weeks early, but so far, I'm not upset. I don't need to gain a lot....I'm already a "healthy" girl. :P

Ayden has been kicking A LOT lately. I'm loving every second of it. I now understand why women talk about loving being pregnant. Feeling him move and having him respond to us and our voices is so awesome. Last night, Ayden was being stubborn and wouldn't move for me, so Jeremy put his face to my belly and started talking to Ayden. All of a sudden, Ayden jumped! And you know Jeremy loved that. (I did too...) He doesn't get to feel Ayden like I do, so I'm glad he got that "Daddy" moment with his son responding to him.

Jeremy's sister, Dana, and her husband, Mike, are due to have a baby March 1st. They're also having a boy. She had her first shower this past weekend. All I can say is, if people give us as much as they gave her.....we'll need to add on to our tiny little house. She's looking great though. She's so cute. :) Can't wait to meet my nephew and get some practice in before Mr. Ayden arrives.

We've been trying to get the house ready for Ayden. We're moving furniture out and around trying to make room. A friend of mine gave me all of her son's baby clothes since he and Ayden share the same seasons. She gave me 3 huge boxes that have sat in the nursery until yesterday. I finally went through them and separated them into sizes. So now, Ayden has clothes for 3-6 months, and 6-12. I'm liking that we at least have enough clothes for him Everything else though...(bottles, pacifiers, stroller, car seat, diapers, wipes, lotion, bath stuff, etc., etc., etc.) ....we have none of that! Thank goodness for gracious baby shower attendees!! :) I have two scheduled already - March 7th (family) and March 21st (misc. people that won't get invited to family and church showers). I don't want to have too many....but I know I'll have at least 2 more.

Well, what was meant to be a short update has turned into a long rambling. Wish me luck on my glucose test!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is someone doing your church shower???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I think Emelie Myers mentioned something about one, but nothing definite.

    ReplyDelete