Collen's Day and Easter


0 comments


 A couple of weekends ago, Jeremy and I organized a "Collen's Day."  We had noticed that Collen had been acting out a lot lately.  Much of it seemed to be his need for attention, and he was going to get it any way possible.  So, we decided it was time to devote a day/afternoon to Collen.  We took him to a local park where there are walking trails and little ponds and lots of nature to explore.  He had a blast, and it was fun to spend time together....just the three of us.  I sure missed my girl while we were gone, but I know it is important to spend that one-on-one time with your kids and show them just how special they are. :)

These are a little out of order, but you'll get the idea.

 This was after our outing - had to go to Collen's favorite place. "Chic-fa-wee" (It's going to be a sad day when he pronounces it correctly.  I love the "kid talk"  I'll miss "yittle" and "weawwy (really)" 





 Us :)

 Feeding the geese

 He had to sit on all the animals.  There was a dolphin, a whale, an alligator, and a dinosaur as well.

 We had fun exploring.  We saw a lizard - I tried to catch it, but the thing was just too fast!


Jeremy, myself, and my mom had Good Friday off, so we decided to trek to my grandparents house for a quick overnight visit.  It was a rare treat because we got to see ALL of my mom's siblings!  She is one of six, so we normally don't get to see everyone all together unless it's Christmas.  Family is so very important to us, and I'm so glad Collen and Charlotte are able to make memories with their great aunts and uncles.  These men and women are important parts of my life - it's awesome to be able to see them interact with my children.  I can imagine it's surreal for them as well.  Along with my aunts and uncles, of course we spent time with my grandparents as well.  They are both 85/86 (? I can never remember) and still doing very, very well.  I cherish each visit with them, and I'm so glad we were able to make this trip.  I had been itching to see them!!

 Collen swinging at Uncle Nelson's house

 Charlotte getting quality time with Great Grandaddy

 Uncle Nelson joined in on the fun
(My Uncle Nelson used to be a Civil War reenact-or (can you tell?) He was also in the film Gettysburg. His claim to fame - he walked into cannon fire. :)

 Collen with Great Grandaddy
 And with Great Grandmother

 On the way home, we stopped at Aunt Tricia's house where Collen was just in time to dye Easter eggs.  He loved it!
 Collen petting Uncle Nelson's chickens

The whirlwind continued in our hometown for Easter Sunday.  Regrettably, I don't have that many pictures from that day.  It's always busy when all the kids get together.  But we managed to get these at church Sunday morning:







We don't really do the "Easter bunny."  It's not something I want to push very much.  I'd rather just leave it as an Easter morning surprise and focus more on Jesus and the reason we celebrate Easter.  Growing up, though, my mom always left an egg trail (and for some reason, I thought everyone got an egg trail. I'm now learning that not many people do this....haha....so many have said "what a good idea!" and I'm thinking "Doesn't everyone do this??")  I decided Collen and Charlotte would also get an egg trail, so here is Collen following the egg trail on Easter morning at Grandma's house.



The goodies at the end of the trail:


We managed to get a good family photo while at my grandparents' house!  Collen will actually "smile" for pictures now.


And this little lady is LOVING eating these days.  She skipped over the "first foods" portion and moved right into the "second foods" portion.  When I get time, I make her baby food, but working full time doesn't allow that all the time.  Thanks to Gerber she's getting a good mix of babyfood.  Her favorites right now are any of the fruits, green beans, sweet potatoes, and squash.  She doesn't care for peas.  She's growing and developing so much and changing weekly!
That's all that has been going on with the Joneses.  We've been staying super busy!  Jeremy is on spring break this week.  I took Monday and Tuesday off to help him out with the kids and just be home.  He's solo today through Friday, and I'm sure he's going to do a great job. :)  They love their Daddy, so I know they will have a fun time together. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment