10 weeks and counting...


1 comments
So, we've made it to the 10 week mark. Nausea is subsiding, but that's about it. I'm still extremely tired all the time, which isn't good for me. It goes all the way back to when I was born. I was born 6 weeks early, and my immune system didn't get to develop as most do. So, since then, my immune system has always been pretty weak. Over the years it has revamped itself, but it still isn't as strong as it should be. So, when I get really, really tired....I tend to get sick. Recently, I've just been feeling yucky...like I'm coming down with something - achey, sinus pressure in my head, earache, sore throat, and tightness in my chest. However, these symptoms don't seem to get "bad"....just annoying, and to the point where I feel like I MIGHT be getting sick. So, lots of rest has been my prescription to myself, and it seems to be working ok.

As for pregnancy symptoms, I can definitely tell that I will start showing in the coming weeks. I'm "stretching" down below and have the cramps to prove it. So, I guess my uterus is preparing to push upward and outward. :) Yay! I can no longer comfortably sleep on my stomach. I feel bad even thinking about doing that, but it's habit. However, it doesn't feel good at all, so once I roll over, I quickly wake up and turn to a side. I remember hearing that pregnant women have weird dreams...and boy is it true. Every single night I dream weird dreams!! Last night I dreamt that I was part of a video game and I was on a mission is Africa. I was scaling cliffs, swimming in the ocean, hiding from bad guys, and protecting something valuable...can't remember what that was though. Really interesting....

Anyway, that's about it. Other than that, my life is consumed by work and grading research papers at the moment...which I should probably get to. I'm finishing rough drafts and preparing for final drafts on Wednesday....and then, next week....the final, final drafts. So, I will see 33 papers 3 times....so, 99 papers in all. uuughh... Luckily, this is the hardest part and it's almost over!! Can't wait to move on to Macbeth and teach the children some Shakespeare! :)

1 comment:

  1. good luck with that- you have honor students so they should be better students then i was. My goal was to team up with someone who could understand what they were reading then "work together". Lets get together soon...miss you guys

    ReplyDelete