"THE" news....


25 comments
*Added post-post: Did I mention I got to see my midwife for the first time at her new place of work today? Well, I did. She has returned from maternity leave, and can I tell you how wonderful it was to see her?? LOVED IT! LOVED seeing her face when I turned the corner. LOVED that she was waiting anxiously when we came out of the ultrasound (you could have come in there, DeEtte....). She ruined the surprise for herself, though, by seeing the results on the chart (she didn't know they were there) before seeing me. :) I can't tell you how comforted we felt just being with her again. We love the Dr. - she's absolutely wonderful, too. She has been a source of comfort as well...so helpful...and so understanding of our paranoia and NEED for answers right away. I'm so glad I switched over to this practice (not hating on Greenville OB - still love them too!) because since it is smaller, it is more personable. More one-on-one care.....more time for conversation and "getting to know you" time. It's everything I need for this pregnancy.....and so much more. My midwife has been prohibited from taking a vacation in the month of August (well, late August....), and she had made it clear that she will be with us at the delivery at all costs. (woo!)

*HUGE SIGH* - It's safe to say today was a good day.
___________________________________________________________________

I know you've all been waiting....(im)patiently. :)

Ayden has a little brother on the way. We saw Mr. Collen Brooks Jones on the ultrasound today, and he is definitely a mover and a shaker. He squirmed the entire time, but we managed to get some good shots of him. He was not shy at all - the first thing we saw was his little boy parts.

Everything checked out great....no surprises. Textbook (I love hearing that term when it refers to me medically.....textbook is great!) I'm happy with being completely normal.

I'll post the ultrasound pictures soon, but couldn't wait to let everyone know.

Please be in prayer, as usual. We are excited, but as you can imagine....another little boy will be bittersweet, but also very special. We know we make beautiful, happy, sweet boys....so we're looking forward to sharing wonderful times with Collen.

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! I am praying for you all. I found your blog thru a friend and have been following you for months. I am so happy for you. My family will continue to keep you all in our prayers!!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on baby boy number 2! May God richly bless your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lindsay!!!! I'm sure Ayden hand picked Collen just for you and Jeremy. It is good to hear that the pregnancy is going well and I am praying for continued success. I know I don't "know" you in real life but I follow your story everyday.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I'm a lurker around here... but I'm always praying for you and thought I'd stop by to congratulate you. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a little boy! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! I love the name. It is pronounced like Colin? I am so happy for you both and will continue to be in prayer for you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I don't post very often because I don't usually post on blogs that require sign in, but had to share with you. I woke up this morning with the name Collen on my mind...and just knew your baby was going to be Collen and not Hannah-Kate. Then I came on your site and found the news that he is indeed Collen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on a new little boy. ayden is going to be a great big brother watching out for his little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Many many prayers heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh...what sweet news. I love his name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YEAH! Congratulations to y'all, I know you are beyond excited!

    Thinking of you, & love you too - Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to hear that your pregnancy is going well and that a new baby BOY will be joining your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear he's looking healthy! Congrats, I can't wait to meet Collen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am excited for you and Jeremy both...your mama instinct were true another precious baby boy.Congratulations, he already has a sweet angel watching over him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for the news on the baby BROTHER!!!!!!!!!! I check your blog each night and I am so thrilled for you and Jeremy! I can't help but think of the joy that Collen will bring into your home!
    I think I have posted 1 time before. I live near AGHS(both of my girls graduated from there) and worked @ SC from the time it opened until 2 yrs ago, so when I heard about Ayden, it hit very close to home and I have been following your blog since. My daughter who now lives in Wake Co. has started following your blog also. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.
    Nancy Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too, check on you quite often. Sometimes I am disappointed when there is not anything new to read. ( but I understand completely ) But, BOY OH BOY when you do post, I get so excited for you guys!! Oh, what fabulous news to read that your precious little second son will enter into your lives soon. I know it is bittersweet in one way. We all will be praying so much. God bless you as I send my love to your sweet family. Love, gail Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! We keep your family in our prayers and thoughts everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful! Collen is so blessed to have you all as his parents.

    I pray that peace continues to rule your hearts and minds as your pregnancy progresses.

    Thanks for sharing the news with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you and Jeremy...you do make beautiful little boys.

    Bittersweet is such a great word to describe joy after the loss of a child. I didn't know the true meaning of it until we lost Mark. It is hard to describe to someone how you can feel joy with a new baby at the same time that you are still (and always will be) dying a little each day as you miss your child that has died.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on another baby boy and on a healthy pregnancy!!! I am sure Collen will be just as sweet and happy as Ayden. All 4 of you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    God Bless,
    Brie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the baby boy! We will continue to pray for a smooth pregnancy and delivery. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations...praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! We are having a little girl after the loss of our little girl last year and it is very exciting yet bittersweet.

    Big hugs to you guys on a healthy baby boy!

    ReplyDelete