Busy, busy...


0 comments
Such is my life these days. When Collen started crawling, he didn't stop! haha He started crawling one week; the next week - pulling up. Now, he's cruising around the furniture and standing - unassisted - for a few seconds at the time. And boy is he FAST! We have to baracade him into the living room or else we'll find him playing in the dog and cat's water bowl.....or headed for Sinatra's room (yuck...do NOT want to find him playing in kitty litter)

(Sidebar: Did I mention Sinatra (our cat) had to have a tooth extracted? I noticed he was not closing his mouth....and drooling quite a bit. Called the vet; he said it could be something very serious; took him in; had to pay an emergency fee (ugh); found out it was a rotten tooth; did a chest xray to be safe due to his wheezing (another fee); it was determined that he is a monster cat who, at 22.5 lbs, needs to get his lazy butt up and lose some weight, but he's going to be just fine.)

Anyway, I don't have much time to sit down and collect my thoughts these days because I'm having to make sure Collen isn't getting into anything he shouldn't. Most of his toys are in our living room, and on any given day you can find said toys strewn all over the living room (I love it!). We love getting down there and playing with him, chasing him, reading him books, and making him laugh.

It's so hard to believe he'll be a year old next month! A YEAR!!! I'm so, so excited to reach this milestone with him, and at the same time, I'm pleading with time to just sloooow down a little. He's getting so big, and so, so independent. But, he still needs his mommy and daddy....and can't get enough of that.

I'm not excited, though, about going back to work. I'm excited about a paycheck...but not so excited about having to spend my days away from Collen. I believe it is safe to say that I will be teaching at EB Aycock Middle School, here in Greenville. I will be teaching 8th grade Language Arts, and I'm really looking forward to something new. However, I will miss my AGHS family terribly. I can't begin to imagine starting over at a new school....with new people...new students...a new community. But, there's something really exciting about a new start. :) Teaching jobs around here have been few and far between, so I consider myself extremely blessed to have this opportunity! I have already been hard at work getting grants set up for books for my students. The library at our school has an okay collection, but some of the books aren't age appropriate, so I'm working on getting an updated selection. So far, I have gotten a class set of The Hunger Games (SO excited about teaching this book!). And I'm also working on getting a class set of the book Speak.

While we're at work, Collen will be staying with a wonderful lady we were introduced to by some good friends of ours. At first, we were going to put him in a daycare. He is very social, so we knew being around other kids would be great for him. However, the opportunity for one-on-one care became available, and the cost is much cheaper than the day care (although....NO price can be put on his care). We met with Ms. Anne and immediately felt at ease with Collen staying with her during the day. We plan to put him in daycare when he's 2, but in the meatime, this is going to be a great fit for all of us.


We have a couple of beach trips lined up in the coming weeks. Looking forward to that and just getting away. I'm terrified of how badly it's going to mess up Collen's schedule and routine, but we will adjust. He's very adaptable, so I'm sure he'll do fine....I hope.

Just wanted to give you a quick update to let you know i'm still here....just running around a little frazzled...but I'm here. :) Soaking up every last second of the time I have left staying home with Collen. I won't even go there today. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.

Here are some pictures of our mobile little boy:




Reading his favorite book - over, and over and over. :)

He likes to kiss EVERY picture


We've been teething this week, and I introduced whole milk just to see how he would handle it. I don't know if it was the teething or the milk, but later in the week he had some pretty bad diaper rash. After bath time tonight, he spent some naked time in his room to "air out."







The boy loves an IPad...and think it's his. We have to hide it from him if we want to use it, or else he's demanding that it be given to him.







Standing up, waiting for Grandma :)











No comments:

Post a Comment