23 weeks, 6 days


15 comments
I feel huge. Well, huge for almost 24 weeks. My midwife assures me I am measuring just as I should. I just tell myself that while I may look bigger this time around, it doesn't mean I'm actually BIG....it just means Collen needs a lot of wiggle room, so my body is compensating.

But, really, with Ayden I was much smaller at this point. They say you're bigger the 2nd time around (and 3rd, 4th, etc.), so I'm just telling myself I'm normal.

Collen is definitely getting stronger and bigger. Today, for the first time, I saw him moving around from the outside. I finally saw those little kicks! In those moments, the world just stops. I love it.

My sister told me that she thought I could be pregnant for the rest of my life. I do enjoy it that much. I told her I so could....I'm never happier or more calm than when I'm pregnant. It agrees with me. The hormones do kick in from time to time, though. Don't get me wrong. But, I do love being pregnant.

I have my glucose test on May 28th. I so hope I pass. I was borderline last time, so I'm hoping I avoid GD this time, too.

24 weeks on Saturday! Ready for the summer to fly by....



Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Lindsay - you are beautiful. :) Can't wait to meet Mr. Collen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does agree with you!! You look fabulous!

    I felt the same way--though the 50 pound weight gain was a *teeensy* bit overload for my frame, and I looked and felt it BUT--I loved being pregnant!! It totally agreed with me. John said he'd known me for 16 years and never had I been happier.

    It's just miraculous!!
    Lots of love, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true you get bigger the second time. Well at least for me it did. I swear my uterus remembered exactly what to do and had no problem getting back to sticking out fast. I think you look great. So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a beautiful pregnant woman! I popped MUCH sooner the second time. Seriously, people asked me if I was pregnant when I was 12 weeks! I too love being pregnant. Thinking of you and your family of 4 often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy in my heart, to see your belly full of hope by the name of Collen. Lucky little boy to be part of your Mother's Day this year. Collen is Ayden's gift to you, so in that way Ayden is with you too and we all know he is forever in your heart. You are a gal where every day is Mother's Day, it shows in the photos, motherhood is your calling.
    Blessings to you and Jeremy.
    Happy Mother's Day this Sunday as we collectively honor the women who give life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely adorable! That baby will be here before you know it!!! Although, as a teacher...I'd prefer that the summer doesn't fly by too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great. Pregnancy does agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are adorable. I wish I looked half as cute at you when I was preggo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! And for me, I got a ton bigger (belly wise) with Luke than I did with Noah. I actually gained less weight, but my belly was huge...look at the blog under pregnancy to see my comparison shots. We will keep praying for you and Collen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the belly!

    I did a huge double-take in the store yesterday...I thought you were sniffing candles in the Southside Kohls...It was not you, and some lady thinks I am crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is very heartwarming to see this lovely photograph of you blooming in pregnancy. I know there are many thoughts going through your mind all the time about how you will handle baby#2 Collen. We can all be overwhelmed by that prospect. It is a bittersweet experience for you but I just know that most of those fears will evaporate as soon as you have Collen in your arms. Each and every child is uniquely special in their own way. You are wonderful, thoughtful, sensitive parents to Ayden and Collen. Very best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look Amazing!!! Pregnancy really does suit you. The one thing I enjoyed about pregnancy was the time to bond with my babies and have that special time with them before they even entered into this world. Enjoy every second of it. Good luck on the GD test.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute!! I know what you mean about loving being pregnant...I totally agree with you. I am lucky I got pregnant the first time and will all treasure those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindsay, you look beautiful! What a happy picture!

    I got GD with my 3rd pregnancy (Jack), it wasn't that bad...

    Thinking about you & love you - Kelley

    ReplyDelete