The Blink of an Eye


8 comments
I read this on another blog, and it just struck me.

“They say that time in Heaven is compared to the “blink of an eye” for us here on this earth. Sometimes it helps me to think of my son running ahead of me through a beautiful field of wildflowers and butterflies. So happy and completely caught up in what he is doing, that by the time he turns around to see if I’m behind him…..I will be.”

I had heard the idea of Heaven and the blink of an eye so many times before this, but when I read it this way.....I just felt a small trickle of peace.

It's a beautiful truth.


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. yes, a wonderful thought and lucky for us....it IS true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said, that brings me peace too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is indeed a beautiful Truth! Praying for you this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with that saying the second I read it. There is such a beautiful peace to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay,
    I came across your blog through my daughter's blog(Journey to the Center of the Uterus)they are struggling with infertility, but nothing compares to what ya'll have been thru and are going thru...I've always heard that one afternoon in heaven is compared to 10,000 days on earth, that ALWAYS gave me comfort when a dear friend lost her child at an early age, it still does to this day. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers...
    MK Hucko

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love thinking about that too!
    Love you, Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that blog too, but I can't seem to remember where.

    It is so beautiful and comforting.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete