I was hesitant to post my thoughts, but I figured....it's my blog....and I've felt strongly about it since the news came out, so here I go. Short and sweet.




When I first heard the news....that Osama had finally been brought down....my reaction was not one of excitement, rejoicing, or celebration. Yes, I might have felt a bit of relief....who wouldn't? But I kept hearing the word "jubilation" being used (a word I use and love in relation to God....seemed so unfitting in this situation)....news about people gathering to celebrate Osama's death. All I could think was, "God must be shaking his head at all of this.....saying, "When are you going to get it?"




I understand that I have my own beliefs that may not necessarily be someone elses's beliefs, and that's perfectly fine. I'm happy to agree to disagree and go on as if nothing happened. This is just how I feel about it all.




I feel hesitant to celebrate the death of a man who more than likely didn't know God. A man who, as evil as he was, was loved by God just as I am. It saddens me.




Yes, I know what Osama Bin Laden did. I remember every moment of September 11, 2001. I remember the fear I felt and the anguish on the faces of the families who lost loved ones. Osama's death brought justice and closure to the lives of those families.




I can't really word everything I want to say, and I know that a lot of probably don't see my point of view. And that's okay. :) These are just my thoughts. A friend of mine posted two scriptures today that I'd like to share. They struck me - they are verses I've read so many times, and as soon as I read them, I thought, "This is just what I was looking for to put words to what I was feeling."






"...I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live..." Ezekiel 33:11




"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls." Proverbs 24:17




I am proud of our troops. I am proud of our country. I am proud to be an American. I am proud to be a child of God.


My prayers are with our troops, their families, our country, and our freedom. My prayers are also with foreign missionaries and christians abroad who could be targeted as a result. Retaliation is a looming fear....




I've been trying to grasp my beliefs and thoughts on all of this since I heard the news, and as a Christian, this is where I stand.




Here's a blog that I thought worded it all so eloquently: http://www.johnstumbo.org/blog/index.php?/archives/243-Obama-Gets-Osama.html






"That's all I got to say about that."

Photobucket