Former Home Owner


6 comments
Add that to my list of titles!

We closed on our house today, meaning we successfully SOLD A HOUSE! It actually makes me feel very accomplished for some reason. I guess it's because our neighborhood is full of houses for sale....some even brand new...never lived in....and someone chose OURS. And just when we needed them to. We needed a change. We needed an opportunity to move forward and find a change in location....one that was more suitable for us and our growing family. So, while the "right house" is still in the works, we're at least grateful that that is our next step. We don't feel stuck anymore, which is a huge relief. We loved our house, but we were quickly outgrowing it, and the location just wasn't ideal for us anymore. If we could have picked it up and moved it, we would have. It really is a cute little house....

Closing was delayed today (of course), but it did run pretty smoothly regardless of the delay. And it seems we are going to pretty much break completely even on the house - that was the GREAT news for today - to hear someone say, "And it looks like you're going to get some money back." WOO HOO! We knew going into it that selling the house for a price somewhat close to what we paid would be successful, so we're happy to break even.

I'm definitely looking forward to things slowing down a bit....at least for a little while. I'm looking forward to blogging about our new house...once that happens...instead of the process!

36 weeks tomorrow, so our next adventure is soon to come!!

Updates coming soon on that front....

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy you got to finally sell your house! God is so good!! Praying that you have a safe delivery and a healthy baby. :-) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! good luck on the ongoing house hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is one answered prayer! :O) WOOOHOOO!!! I pray that the right house falls in your lap! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on selling the house. that's ALWAYS a stressful time. looking forward to hearing of C's arrival

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your days have just seriously mad me tired thinking about them!!!!
    36 weeks!!! If he's still measuring 2 ahead, holy cow!!! You may not have much of a break before after all!!!

    For now, though...glad you can breathe a bit!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lindsay,
    I sent you an email recently and told you how I'm addicted to your blog, I check it everyday! I'm so happy for ya'll on the closing of your house, I work for a real estate company, and know how stressful that can be. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers about finding a wonderful new home! I'm so excited about C's "very" soon to be arrival!
    Sincerely,
    MaryKelly Hucko

    ReplyDelete