In the newspaper....


7 comments
Just a quick update to link you all to our story in the newspaper today:

http://www.reflector.com/blogs/remembering-lives-lost-896920.html

The story they ran deals with our story as well as the efforts of my students in organizing a candlelight vigil for this Thursday, the 15th, which is a national day of rememberance for families who have lost children in infancy or pregnancy.

I'm not smiling in the picture.....

The days of a simple "pose for the camera" moment are gone for now. I know one day they will return, but happines can not be forced....it has to come. And I have been able to have happy moments...don't get me wrong. I have laughed out loud several times. I won't not allow myself doses of happiness....they just have to come...not be forced. I hope this makes sense....it's past midnight (so says my clock......Blogger's clock is off), and I'm waiting for my ambien to kick in.

Anyway, check out the story. They put it together really well. I'm so proud of my students and the time and effort they put into the vigil and getting the word out about SIDS.

I'm supposed to speak at the vigil Thursday night, but I still don't quite know what I will say. I think I'm afraid to think about it because I know it will be emotionally draining on me....but I have to do it before Thursday, so I guess I'll just have to face it. Tomorrow possibly.

The vigil is open to the public and is being held in honor of families who have experienced infant or pregnancy loss. Please come and support these families. If you and your family have been directly affected, please come; this is in honor of you and your loss.

When: 7pm
Where: Ayden-Grifton High School - Arboretum

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful story. . . So proud of your students! I wish I could be there, but am scheduled to volunteer at the homeless clinic that night. . . My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay & Jeremy,

    I wish I could be there on Thursday, but please know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you guys on that day--and always. You guys are never far from my thoughts, and you're always on my heart. I am still praying earnestly for you and your family, and I enjoy "catching up with you" through your blogs. Please know that, even though I can't' be there, I will be praying for and thinking of you. Love you guys!

    -Amanda Murray

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did a nice job with the article. I know that Thursday will be hard for you, just like each day is. I am so sorry. I will pray for God to give you the perfect words to speak on Thursday. You are in my prayers and my thoughts.
    Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness,

    I have spent the entire day at work reading your blog. I started at the beginning and have read nearly every entry. Your honesty has touched me and I share your sorrow. I have been touched by this story ever since I was contacted by one of your students a few weeks ago, however, I was just introduced to your blog today. I am so moved by your story that I cannot express my emotions at this point and would rather do so in person, but I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am the NC Infant Safe Sleep Campaign Coordinator and I was contacted by your students to be at the vigil tomorrow night to talk about SIDS and what we do/don't know about it. I was also quoted in the Reflector article as the "expert", I suppose, but as you know with "SIDS" there are not "real experts"...we are all learning together. However, ever since I heard your story, I have been mostly thinking about you and Jeremy, not the "risks factors" or the statistics, they mean nothing to parents who have lost their precious infant. It was not in our budget for me to tavel to Greenville tomorrow night to participate at the vigil, but I told my boss that "I had to be there and will go on my time"...the support that your students have shown for your family and the love that you have received has reminded me of why I do this work. I will be there tomorrow night and cannot wait to meet you in person. I know that you were struggling with the words to use tomorrow night, after reading your blog, I have no doubt in my mind that whatever you say will move the crowd to tears and we will all feel like we know Ayden by the end of the evening (I already do). I, too,am struggling with the words for tomorrow night (and i never am short on words), btu I will be following you in the program and you are so eloquent, so thoughtful and so inspiring. I honestly don't know what else to say at this point, but I wanted to let you know who I am, that I am thinking of you, look forward to meeting you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your story.

    Marta Pirzadeh
    marta@nchealthystart.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi - I came across a Remembering Ayden button on a blog (I can't remember which one) a week or two ago. My son was born three weeks after Ayden and my heart absolutely broke for you family when I read about what you have gone through.

    I admire you for your strength and thank you for sharing the memories of your sweet baby boy.

    .ivy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay,

    Wow. How touching. The love that your students have for you speaks volumes.

    I read your post first thing this morning and have been thinking all day. I am reading a book called "Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit" It's made me so aware that God is in me and how often I don't even think about that. Were you there on the Sunday that Jeff the missionary from Ghana spoke? And he talked about the guy that had been around for a while, but it was like he was hearing for the first time that the Holy Spirit dwells in us. And on the ride home he kept saying "Brother Jeff GOD IS IN ME! and he kept saying that GOD IS IN ME!" I smile every time I think of that.

    And so always remember Lindsay, and especially tomorrow night GOD IS IN YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow evening as you speak...will be praying that God will give you strength.

    ReplyDelete