To my faithful readers...


15 comments
I've been meaning to address those of you who visit me daily....

A simple "thank you" is not enough, but it's all I can give you via the Internet. I never realized how far our story would spread, and it has been so amazing to see just how far it has reached! Ayden's name is known all over this world, and that is truly awesome to me. I meet, or speak with people, frequently who say they read my blog daily. It's very humbling to know that people look to me for encouragement or hope.....especially when I have many days when I don't feel encouraged or hopeful...at all. It's the nature of the situation I guess. However, I am glad that I can be of some help to someone else. My hope is that my words will especially touch mothers who are going through the same thing we are.....to let them know that if they are looking for hope, they can find it in Christ. It may seem like He isn't being very helpful right now (believe me, I've accused Him just as much as you probably have!), but we have to trust Him and believe that He is in control of everything....even this.

So many of you leave comments. I wish I could comment back....like on facebook. Blogger really needs to work on that. I would comment back to all of you if I could. Please know that I read every single comment...sometimes repeatedly. You guys encourage me daily. Thank you so much....you have no idea how big of a help you are. Many of you have left email addresses too. I have been meaning to use those....I will....soon. I haven't looked you over!

Thank you most of all for your prayers. They are what have gotten us through each day. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many who share our same beliefs and rest on the same promises as us. On those down days, it's especially nice to know someone is praying. We tend to forget sometimes because the grief becomes consuming. Thank you for reminding us that we're not alone.....

So many people ask if they can do anything....they wish they could do something to help. Just pray. Nothing can make this better....nothing can take the pain away. However, your thoughts, kind words, prayers, cards....they all help ease the pain....even if it's just a little. It really helps.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Most importantly, please remember Ayden. Help us in making sure he is never forgotten...not just by us but by everyone who hears his story. He's too precious to ever forget.

Thank you again. Saying that just isn't enough....but please know you are so special to us.

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. YOU are very special!

    You don't need to thank anyone, we are in this for you, Jeremy and sweet little Ayden. And even if it takes you three years to e mail me back, I will still "drop in" on your blog to check on y'all! You two are in my thoughts and prayers every day!!!

    Love you - Kelley

    I am going to go ahead and send you that book I told you about. If you do already have it, then you will have two ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Disqus application is great for commenting back and super easy to install. I've liked having it on mine...
    http://www.disqus.com/overview/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do read every day, and pray often for you. You've helped my perspective on so many things, so thank YOU for encouraging me. I know you never wanted to be "famous" like this. Ever. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to pray. I feel bad when I can't reply to people.
    I get all my comments sent to my email but if people don't make their email available it is a noreply! I sometimes go to their blog but that takes allot of time.
    Your post is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still praying for you. I will never forget your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had trouble commenting on my own blog on blogger. Strange.

    We're still thinking and praying for you guys. I really don't know what else to do other than to drop a note every so often and assure you that nothing here has been forgotten, even if I don't always comment, I'm always reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray for your family everyday!!! I think you are such a strong person and a great mother that loves her son!!! I will continue to check back everyday!!! Thanks for sharing your life with us!!!

    Lindsay Phillips
    mkaylindsay@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Disques is Great way to do your comments Mckmama even does live chats through her comments if is alot of fun. www.mckmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey,

    I came across this and thought of you and sweet Ayden. Perhaps you've already been sent this but if not, I hope it uplifts you. From a Book called "Letters to Heaven":

    WHAT IF…

    I was pondering today
    The words a tiny babe might say
    If they were taken from the earth
    Very close to their moment of birth.

    What if they could look here below
    And send us a love note to let us know
    That they were happy and content
    And that their time was not misspent…

    “Mommy and Daddy, just want you to know
    I realize that you love me so
    And that you didn’t want me to leave,
    But please don’t cry and fret or grieve.

    God meant no harm to you or me
    But my problems he could see
    And knew that in Jesus arms
    Was the best place for me to be.

    An angel came and brought me here
    And Mommy and Daddy, she saw your tears,
    And even though she did not speak
    With her wing she brushed your cheek…

    I live in a lovely mansion here
    With such a wonderful view –
    It has a rocking chair and crib,
    And there’s a special room for you!

    I know that you won’t be here
    For a very long, long time
    But just wanted you to know
    That your room is next to mine!

    I hope you enjoy your life on earth
    And don’t worry about me at all
    For I have so many friends
    And angels on whom I can call!

    Sometimes we go outside
    And the clouds are rolling by
    And I know that you are looking up
    And see them in the sky

    When you look up on starry nights
    And see them so bright and clear
    Just know that they are not nearly as lovely
    As they look from here!

    I love it here and I’m so happy
    That Jesus loves me so
    And He loves you just as much –
    Just wanted you to know!

    Well, I must go back now
    But remember if you will
    That I loved you while in your arms
    And I love you still!

    Take care dear Mommy and Daddy
    And love your lives for me
    For I know that our time together
    Was so much shorter than
    You thought it would be!

    Do not rush your life to get here
    For I don’t mind the wait
    And my face will be the first you see
    When you enter the Pearly Gates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what the body of Christ is for...to encourage and pray for each other!! We will continue to pray for you and your husband. Ayden will never be forgotten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your blog daily and lift your family in prayer...Praying from Annville, Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we continually think and pray for you as a home group. Please know you are in our thoughts on the other side of the world.
    Regards and blessing
    Cheree
    Perth, Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for being so honest and open during the worst time in your life. Its nice to see someone be completely honest of how they feel especially when you are anger at God. I know I would have my days when I would be anger at him if I had this tragedy happen. I hope with each day you feel a little less pain. Ayden will never be forgotten. You are a lot stronger than you think! Sending many prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lindsay! I am one of those people who visit your blog daily and read your updates. Your story has touched me to the core. Thanks for being so honest and vulnerable, it has taught me to be the same in some areas of my life. I am also a high school English teacher, so I loved what you were saying about your students meaning so much to you and connected with that feeling! Take care of yourself and know someone in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma prays for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lindsay! I am one of those people who visit your blog daily and read your updates. Your story has touched me to the core. Thanks for being so honest and vulnerable, it has taught me to be the same in some areas of my life. I am also a high school English teacher, so I loved what you were saying about your students meaning so much to you and connected with that feeling! Take care of yourself and know someone in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma prays for you daily!

    ReplyDelete